Three terror suspects arrested in east London armed raids

Jul 25, 2017
217 Views

All three attackers in the Saturday incident were killed by police officers after mowing down pedestrians on London Bridge before stabbing people in adjacent Borough Market.

From around 10pm officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, supported by armed police, arrested two men on a street in Ilford.

A group of ordinary civilians can be seen rushing towards the scene from one end of the street, throwing chairs at the jihadis to try and drive them away – while a police vehicle speeds into view from the other end.

He added: “There was a male arrested, but I don’t know who that was”.

The operation took place overnight and searches are ongoing at the properties, the force said.

Detectives searching for a Frenchman who disappeared during the London Bridge terror attack have recovered a body from the River Thames.

The visible police presence remains, however – as does the memory of the attack in the minds of British voters, just one day before the country undertakes its national elections. Some 48 rounds were fired to stop the attack within eight minutes.

The footage emerged as police made further arrests in the wake of the attack which claimed 8 victims.

They have been identified as Khuram Butt, 27, and Rachid Redouane, 30, both British citizens, and 22-year-old Moroccan-Italian Youssef Zaghba.

London authorities announced on Wednesday that three more men had been detained in connection with last weekend’s deadly terrorist attack in the city.

17 people have been arrested with 5 remain in custody.

“Like every police officer who responded, I was simply doing my job”.

But they quickly reappear and approach the man who appears to be stabbed by one of the attackers and then rounded on in a sustained attack.

No more than 20 seconds elapse from the officers leaving their ARV to the attackers – who were wearing fake suicide vests – lying still on the floor.

Scotland Yard has confirmed that Butt was known to police and MI5 but said there was “no intelligence to suggest that this attack was being planned” and the probe “had been prioritised accordingly”.

A man arrested in Wexford over suspected ties with one of the attackers who had lived in Dublin has been released without charge and a file is being prepared for the DPP.

Three terror suspects arrested in east London armed raids

 

Leave A Comment

CAPTCHA image
*