People often suffer from insomnia when they have a lot on their mind. There may be a lot going on in their lives which may be causing them to stress about many things. All this over-thinking leads to night-after-night insomnia where nights are spent staring at ceilings because their minds refuse to shut off. Through all this insomnia, many negative outcomes occur. People are left feeling exhausted and don’t have energy for the next day. Through their exhaustion accidents may happen. They may fall asleep at the wheel or they may even blow a big business deal because they are too tired to think straight. Some people suffer physically as well where they experience chills and crave simple carbohydrates with a lot of sugar throughout the day. It’s a terrible state to be in but know, there are solutions to night-filled insomnia woes beginning with natural products. The following breaks down all these solutions:
Nature has answers to everything including insomnia. There are teas specially made for helping one calm down, relax more and fall asleep such as passiflora tea. Chamomile tea is also a lovely, natural relaxant that helps one relax and fall asleep easier. Research Verified are a line of natural supplements with natural ingredients that help with insomnia as well as other conditions that may be causing you stress. Read this Research Verified review here and it will guide you to such natural supplements.
There are a bunch of food and beverages out there that we know not to eat just before bed like coffee and chocolate. These are high in caffeine and will stimulate the brain too much not allowing us to sleep. There is also a range of food out there that really helps one fall asleep soundly. These foods are:
- Tart Cherry Juice – This juice is proven to relieve insomnia due to its high concentration of melatonin (the sleep-regulating hormone).
- Turkey – Turkey contains tryptophan which volumizes the production of melatonin.
- Kiwis – It has been proven through studies that kiwis are a highly beneficial food to consume before going to bed. They contain serotonin (a sleep-promoting brain chemical), which helps you regulate your sleep cycle. They also contain Vitamin C as well as carotenoids which is thought to help promote sleep because of their role in reducing inflammation.
- Almonds – Almonds are also a great source of melatonin.
- Fatty Fish – Fatty Fish such as Salmon contain Omega-3 fatty acids as well as a good dose of Vitamin D. The combination of both has been shown to raise the levels of serotonin.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are a great source of melatonin.
- Milk – Milk is a great source of tryptophan.
- Cottage Cheese – Cottage cheese contains the milk protein casein which helps sustain overnight muscle repair and growth.
- Bananas – Bananas are also a good source of tryptophan.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal has been known to induce drowsiness and is therefore great to eat before going to bed. Also, oats have melatonin.
- White Rice – It has been noted that eating white rice just before sleep helps improve sleep quality.
No matter what depth or degree your insomnia may be in, know there are natural ways to combat it. Also try relax and meditate just before sleep. Put away cell phones and i-pads. Turn off the TV and computers and try shut your mind off. With special effort, your insomnia will eventually be a thing of the past and you will feel like a brand new person!